Victor Velasco was born in Caracas, Venezuela. Since early, he was passionate about films, painting, music and interactive media. Victor got a degree in Film Studies in “The School of Film and TV of Venezuela” and a System Engineer degree in the “Metropolitan University”. At that time he created his first short films. Those films got different awards, including the 2nd Price in the “Best Doritos Commercial” of Venezuela in 2007.
At the age of 21, Victor worked as a Director and Editor for music videos and a TV series called “Moving Stories”. Meanwhile he won the 2nd Prize of the “Square-Enix Latin American Contest” competing with than 2000 participants. He was the creative director, main artist, writer and musician for the project.
Victor moved to Los Angeles and got a Master in Fine Arts degree in Filmmaking in the “New York Film Academy”. He continued directing, editing, doing VFX and creating posters for films. He also published the PS4 version of “KLAUS”, a reinvention of the first game. KLAUS has a score of 76 in Metacritic and it’s praised by its immersive story and elegant graphics.
Victor directed and edited the commercials for “KLAUS” who have all together more than 100.000 views. He also directed the narrative short films “Monday”, “The Other Side” and “Gina” and the music video “The Real” for the band “Syreim”. His latest project is the music video “Shinobi” for the danish artist Code Elektro featuring Maximiliano Hernandez (The Walking Dead, Sicario, Captain America: Winter Soldier).
Victor also works as Motion Graphic Designer for different companies like Netflix, Def Jam Records, Nike, Rainfall TV as VFX artist for multiple films and music videos.
• "Shinobi" – Music Video featured on CGSociety, Directors Note, between others and Nominated for The Other Venice Film Festival.
• "Klaus" – Video game High scores on sites like Gamespot and GameInformer.
• USA Film Festival – Official Selection “The Other Side”
• Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival (2016) – Best Director “The Other Side”
• Direct Short Online Film Festival – Best Audience Choice Award of the month “The Other Side”
• World Arts Festivals (2017) – Official Selection “The Other Side”
• Los Angeles International Film Festival (2017) – Best VFX “Gina”
• Los Angeles CineFest (2016) – Semi-Finalist “Monday”
• Accolade Global Film Competition (2016) – Award of Recognition “Monday”
• Square-Enix Latin American Contest (2012) – Excellence Prize “Klaus”
• Spanish American Festival VIART (2011) – Official Selection “Tempus”
• Dorito’s Best Commercial of Venezuela (2008) – Excellence Prize “Living Ideas”